Following the directive by the Acting President, Yemi Osinbajo to overhaul the rogue Nigerian police unit, Special Anti Robbery Squad (SARS), the Inspector General of police, Ibrahim Idris has given out fresh directives to the reformed unit now known as Federal Special Anti Robbery Squad (FSARS).
The new rules governing the operations of FSARS operatives are as follows:
1. No FSARS personnel is allowed to interfere in any civil matter.
2. They are not allowed to interfere in cyber crime (yahoo yahoo).
3. No FSARS personnel is allowed to conduct a stop and search exercise unless there is a distress call from victims or members of the public.
4. They are not allowed to be involved in commercial matters (debt recovery, landlord vs Tennant issues).
5. They are also not allowed to interfere in any social /relationship cases ( marital matters, boyfriend / girlfriend relationship).
6. THEY ARE STRICTLY FOR ARMED ROBBERY AND KIDNAPPING CASES!
In case of any infringement of human rights by FSARS operatives, members of the public can seek redress by making a report thorough the following:
DIG, Department of Operations: 08037025670;
IGP X-SQUAD: 0902 690 0729, 08078662130, 08174041000 – CALLS,
SMS: 0903 227 8905
WhatsApp: 0903 562 1377