United States President Barack Obama, First Lady Michelle Obama and the entire White House staff remembered the September 11 attacks 14 years after. By 8:46 a.m on September 11, 2015, the President and First Lady observed a minute of silence on the White House lawn. This was the exact moment that the first plane hit the World Trade Center’s North Tower
Six moments of silence are part of the 9/11 anniversary commemoration. The public is invited to observe any or all of the following times.
- 8:46 a.m.: Hijackers crash Flight 11 into the north tower.
- 9:03 a.m.: Hijackers crash United Airlines Flight 175 into the south tower.
- 9:37 a.m.: Hijackers crash American Airlines Flight 77 into the Pentagon.
- 9:59 a.m.: The south tower collapses.
- 10:03 a.m.: Passengers launch a counterattack on hijackers aboard United Airlines Flight 93. The hijackers crash the plane into an empty field near Shanksville, Pennsylvania.
- 10:28 a.m.: The north tower collapses.
Also as part of the event to mark the 14 anniversary of the September 11 attacks, President Obama will travel to Fort Meade, Maryland,.